The Connections Café takeout menu for March 23-27 is here.
MLA Judy Darcy advises “If you need help and are not sure where to turn, let our office know [details].” She adds: “My staff have created a New Westminster Reference Guide to help connect community members with services. You can access it here.”
Several local stores are offering special support for seniors and people with disabilities. For example:
- Shoppers Drug Mart – all three New West locations are open for seniors 8-9 a.m. Seniors discounts will apply during that hour, as well as the Seniors Days on Thursdays. [details]
- Rexall encourages the community to set aside the first hour of business for those in need. For the Rexall at 700 6th St., that’s 9-10 a.m. daily. The 20% Advantage 55+ discount will apply during that hour. Details (scroll down)
- Save-On-Foods stores are open from 7–8 a.m. for senior shoppers, those with disabilities or who are vulnerable.
- London Drugs in New West is making an effort to support seniors [details]. This includes being open only to seniors and people with disabilities from 8–9 a.m. Monday to Friday.
- NEW: Walmart now has Special Hours for Senior Shopping.Monday – Friday from 7–8 a.m. They stock the shelves at night and they are opening early to give seniors a chance to get items that are quickly bought, like toilet paper, kleenex, paper towels etc.