Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the City of New Westminster is closing community and recreational facilities to the public until further notice to help reduce the risk of transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community.
Century House Food Services will be available for TAKE OUT ONLY – Soup & Sandwich will be available for purchase between 10:00 am to 2:00 pm daily.
We will keep you posted as/when this information changes.
- Canada Games Pool
- Centennial Community Centre
- Century House (modified food services will continue, as above)
- Moody Park Arena
- Queen’s Park Arena
- Queensborough Community Centre
- Youth Centre
- New Westminster Public Library (Uptown and Queensborough branches)
- Anvil Centre, including the New Media Gallery and New Westminster Museum and Archives
- Animal Shelter
- Tow Yard
- New Westminster Police Department front counter
Registered Spring Break camps, including Jr. Royale, Sr. Royale, Extreme Challenge, and full-day art camps at Anvil Centre will proceed. Registrants will be required to complete a screening survey each day prior to participation. Contact the facility of program registration for details.
- Half-day programs at Anvil Centre scheduled to begin March 23rd have been cancelled.
- All licensed childcare programs will continue to operate. Modifications and enhanced preventative measures to reduce the risk to participants and staff, including social distancing, increased cleaning and personal hygiene protocol will be implemented.
For ongoing updates and information: www.newwestcity.ca/covid-19