Some time ago we discovered that our website was built on a design theme that was no longer supported. In the fast-developing world of WordPress websites, this exposed us to a risk of various compatibility problems. So we got a new theme, did some housecleaning, and moved the furniture around a bit.
- We now have a real home page for first-time visitors
- A new menu section “What’s Happening” contains the former home page and the main blog page, plus the cafeteria menu and the Week At A Glance list from the Clarion.
- Location, Hours and Contact are moved into the footer, where many websites have them.
Blog posts and pages
- A page is a static display of information. Many pages will remain valid for a long time, such as the History pages.
- A blog post is more of an announcement, and may have a short life. Facebook and Twitter are essentially blogs. Our main blog page lists the active ones, newest first.
- The Current News page is a bit of a compromise. It contains things that may have been announced in a blog but remain valid for a while and should be easy to find for reference until they expire. It’s much like a bulletin board
We’ve tried really hard to implement all these changes flawlessly. But, as Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, “It’s always something.” If you spot a problem on the site, please email email@example.com